· Funding Commitment Summary
· Pending Dates and Deadlines
· Upcoming Training Events
· E-rate Process: Activities to Work on Now
California Funding Commitment Summary
Funding Year 2018
USAC released FY2018 Wave 30 Funding Commitment Decision Letters (FCDL) on November 2, 2018. As of November 2, FY2018 California commitments total over $253 million.
Funding Year 2017
USAC released FY2017 Wave 60 FCDLs on November 2, 2018. As of November 2, FY2017 commitments total over $303.3 million.
Pending Dates and Deadlines
FCC Form 486 Urgent Reminder Letters
USAC has begun issuing FCC Form 486 Urgent Reminder Letters to applicants that appear to have missed the deadline to certify an FCC Form 486. The deadline to file an FCC Form 486 is 120 days after the date of the FCDL or 120 days after the service start date, whichever is later. Applicants missing these or earlier deadlines should closely monitor their News Feed in the E-rate Productivity Center for an FCC Form 486 Urgent Reminder Letter. This letter will allow the applicant a 15-day extension to submit an FCC Form 486 without penalty.
USAC calculates the date to issue this letter based on the service start date reported on your FCC Form 471. If your actual service start date is later than the date you reported on FCC Form 471 then the deadline may not have passed. In this case, you are responsible for calculating your actual deadline as USAC will not issue additional reminder letters. You can use the 486 Deadlines Tool to calculate your specific deadline.
If you miss the deadline, the service start date will be adjusted to 120 days prior to the date that the Form 486 was actually certified which will likely reduce the funding commitment.
Funding Year 2017 Non-recurring Services Invoice Deadline
In general, the deadline for invoicing USAC for FY 2017 non-recurring services is January 28, 2019. While this date is still a few months off, it is important to be aware of this timeline since you are only allowed a single, one-time, 120-day extension of the invoicing deadline.
Applicants and service providers should plan to either (1) complete their invoicing process for these services or (2) request an invoice deadline extension no later than the January 28, 2019. Instructions on filing Invoice Deadline Extension Requests will be provided in an upcoming E-rate News Flash.
Upcoming Training Events
Numerous training opportunities available for E-rate applicants are coming soon.
Universal Services Administrative Company Webinars and Workshops
· Updating Applicant Profiles
11/20/2018 at 12 Noon PST
· Preparing for Funding Year 2019
12/12/2018 at 12 Noon PST
K12 High Speed Network Webinars and Workshops
· EPC Profile Updates and How to Calculate Discounts
11/29/2018 at 2:00 p.m.
· Completing FCC Form 471 for Category 1 Services
1/24/2019 at 2:00 p.m.
All face-to-face workshops start at 9 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m.
· Yolo County Office of Education
E-rate Beginner 12/5/2018
E-rate Intermediate/Advanced 12/6/2018
· San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
E-rate Beginner 12/13/2018
E-rate Intermediate/Advanced 12/14/2018
· Fresno County Office of Education
E-rate Beginner 1/14/2019
E-rate Intermediate/Advanced 1/15/2019
· 4 Ways to Get more Bandwidth for Your Budget
11/15/2018 & 01/17/2019 at 10:00.
E-RATE Process: Activities to Work on Now
Check EPC Profiles for Accuracy, Collect and Review NSLP and Enrollment Data
On October 1, the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) opened the Administrative Window for updating entity profile information in the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC). Profile information includes an entity’s classification, address, enrollment, National School Lunch program information, and Urban/Rural status and is the basis of the discount calculation on the FCC Form 471. The September 28 edition of the Schools and Libraries News Brief (https://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=857) provides information on updates made to the EPC profile.
1. Schools that have recently made their own entity updates should confirm that those changes are still in place, i.e., that they have not been overwritten by this week’s USAC upload.
2. Update the Entity name and address in the EPC to match the California School Directory. http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/sd/index.asp
3. For best results, use the numbers reported on CALPADS and this information should be easily available from your CALPADS Coordinator.
4. Enter the full 14-digit County-District-School (CDS) number in the “State School Code” field, with no spaces or dashes. You can find the CDS number in the California School Directory at http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/sd/index.asp.
a. Some sites that do not have a CDS number may qualify as an Annex & or Non-Instructional Facility. A detailed discussion of what constitutes an Annex can be found in the July 21, 2017 News Brief on USAC’s Web page at https://www.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=782 and the March 11, 2016 News Brief on USAC’s Web Page at http://usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=671.
5. Once the discount profile has been updated for each school within the school district, please be sure to go back to your organization's landing page, click on discount rate link and the discount that will be imported into the Form 471 will be displayed.
6. Verify the contact person’s information on the district’s profile. Since this person will receive communications from USAC, it is important that this be someone who has regular e-mail access and access to the LEA’s account in the E-Rate Productivity Center (EPC).